Summertime and the livin’ is easy…
Summer is going to an end, but one of the recipes will remind me of its sunny days. It is also a perfect way to get kids to eat more vegetables (crispy, delicious and healthy)! To have your own piece of the “sun” (Parmesan Crusted Baked Zucchini Sticks) you need)):
- 2-3 medium-size zucchini/courgette
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1tsp of salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1tsp Italian herb mix
- 80-100 grams of grated Parmesan cheese | 3-4 oz
- vegetable oil or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C degrees (380F).
- Cut each zucchini into sticks about the diameter of your finger.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt, Parmesan cheese, Italian herb in a small shallow bowl.
- Place eggs in a separate shallow bowl, squeeze the garlic and beat with a fork.
- Dip each zucchini stick in the egg, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
6. Place zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 190 °C (380F) for 20 minutes until the sticks are a speckled golden brown.
Serve parmesan crusted baked zucchini sticks with your favourite dip!