Mozzarella Salad with Candied Walnuts and Tomatoes is really light and tasty, and it’s also one of the items (eat healthier!) on my spring-summer bucket list!
Sometimes eating healthy may seem to be kinda boring, but when it has such fresh and appetizing look, you understand – it’s easy! So let’s try this crunch and fresh, nutty and easy meal, where flavors and textures work together so perfectly! – Mozzarella Salad with Candied Walnuts and Tomatoes!
- Lettuce – 70 g | 2.5 oz
- Walnuts – 0.5 cups
- Mozzarella – 10 slices
- Cherry tomatoes – 6
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame oil – 5 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 3 tbsp
1. Bring honey and oil to a boil a small saucepan over moderate heat.
2. Add nuts.
3. Stir until nuts are well coated.
4. Transfer nuts to baking pan.
5. Roast in 1 layer for 12 minutes at 180 C (350 F).
6. Transfer nuts to foil or iron surface (you can lightly oil it) and let cool completely.
8. Tear lettuce.
9. Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into slices.
10. Combine in a bowl sesame oil and soy sauce.
11. Pour the dressing over the salad.