When I was a teen, I had a small notebook where I wrote down different quotes and thoughts about love, life and people…For years, I have kept this collection of quotations. Here’s one of my favorite quotes by a German philosopher, poet and composer Friedrich Nietzsche:
“We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.”
Well, that’s still right for me and Valentine’s Day is one of the ways to show my boyfriend, friends and family, how much I love them! Chocolate Meringue Kisses will be definitely sweet and lovely present for your nearest and dearest!
- 2 egg whites
- 125 g powdered sugar | 1.20 cup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 60 g dark chocolate | 0.45 cup
1. Chop chocolate with a knife.
2. Add a little boiling water to a saucepan and heat until simmering.
3. Suspend the bowl over the simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water).
4. Slowly add powdered sugar.
5. Beat until stiff peaks form (10 min.)
6. Fold in cocoa and chocolate.
7. Transfer the batter to a confectionery syringe.
8. Pipe out onto cookie sheets, forming small “meringues kisses”.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C / 350F for 15-20 minutes.
Helen’s Tip: Just say to someone important: “I love you!”