Should we fake it till we make it?
Interesting question, that I ask myself pretty often lately.
And “pretty often” means, I even made a cake from it! (“Spinach Cake “Pistachio”);)
“Act as if”– attitude is being recommended when you are passionate to achieve a goal, but feel not enough strong, good, confident (please, underline the correct one). Needless to say, but too many people let their previous mistakes and failures define them, their behavior, even their everyday habits.
And now to the magic! (At least psychologists state that 🙂 ) Our obstinate mind can be tricked. If you don’t feel confident – pretend, that you are. (Of course, If you are not a heart surgeon or nuclear reactor engineer 😉 ) In the simplest terms “Believing in yourself is a key element”. On the other hand, if your confidence is only about pretending and not putting on an act, then your dreams will still be just dreams and never more. So, fake it to yourself, till you make the results evident to other people.
And now to the result of these agonizing doubts and reflections – our dessert!
This Fake Pistachio Cake is an absolute miracle and I must explain “why”!
Firstly – It’s a great way to eat a healthy spinach, without even recognizing it!
Secondly – It’s super soft and creamy!
Thirdly – It’s green (the best color of summer)!!!
You can say it’s made from pistachios and no one will guess, that it’s spinach! 🙂
Spinach Cake “Pistachio”
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150 g of sugar | 3/4 cup
- 200-300 g of fresh or frozen spinach | 1 – 1.5 cups
- 150 ml of sunflower oil or coconut oil | 2/3 cup
- 300-400 g of flour | 2 1/2 – 3 1/3 cups
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 250g mascarpone cheese | 1.05 cups
- 150g icing sugar | 1 1/5 cups
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225ml whipping cream | 1 cup
- I also added some raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 175C (350F) .
2. Pour into a bowl: flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, eggs, sunflower oil. Stir with a spoon.
3. Puree spinach in a blender or a food processor until smooth (like a baby food). (I used frozen spinach).
4. Add pureed spinach to the bowl with other ingredients.
5. Line the greased pan (28cm) with parchment, pour in batter.
6. Bake at 175C (350F) for about 30-35 mins, check with a toothpick.
7. Set aside.
1. Using a mixer on medium speed, combine all of your ingredients until fluffy.
2. Add berries (I recommend raspberries or strawberries).
Building the Spinach Cake “Pistachio”
1. Split the cake into 3 layers (horizontally). (The third layer should be the thinnest one).
2. Pour the filling over the first layer.
3. Place you next layer on top, pour the filling again.
4. Coat the filling with the crumbs from the third layer.
5. Decorate your cake with berries and almond flakes or the way you like 😉
Enjoy the Spinach Cake “Pistachio” with your family and friends!