Sorry, this entry is only available in Ukrainian.
You probably know I’m an addictive person. And the love of my life is a watermelon (Sorry, Max) 😯 But this time, my blog post is not about watermelon (It’s hard to be in love with someone, you meet so rarely). I have one more closely guarded secret…
I just caaaan’t live without spicy appetizers 😉 Especially when they are with cheese and nuts. That’s why, Spiced Biscuits with Cheese and Nuts are just a perfect match – light and savory, soft in the middle and crispy at the sides. I baked it once and immediately fell in love. Since then these crispy crackers are my comfort food and every time I fell really low or sad, the heavenly aroma from the oven makes my mind calm and relaxed. Spiced Biscuits with Cheese and Nuts are super simple to make, and it’s easy to eat more than one! (Don’t say, I didn’t warn you, it can be addictive!).
- 200 g cheese (сheddar, gouda) | 2 cups
- 150 g flour | 1 cup
- 100 g butter (or margarine) | 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- nuts: almonds, pecans, walnut, cashews.
- seasonings you like (I took basil, paprika, pepper, cayenne. Different seasonings give different color and taste to your dough).
1. Mix cheese, butter, flour and salt with your hands or in a food processor.
2. Divide dough into two equal pieces.
3. Roll each piece into a log.
4. Wrap with parchment paper.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or even to overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 180 C or 350 F.
6. Slice logs into rounds.
7. Sprinkle each cookie with seasoning.
8. Place a nut into the center of each cookie.
9. Drop on ungreased cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy the Spiced Biscuits with Cheese and Nuts with your friends or by yourself ! 😉
Should we fake it till we make it?
Interesting question, that I ask myself pretty often lately.
And “pretty often” means, I even made a cake from it! (“Spinach Cake “Pistachio”);)
“Act as if”– attitude is being recommended when you are passionate to achieve a goal, but feel not enough strong, good, confident (please, underline the correct one). Needless to say, but too many people let their previous mistakes and failures define them, their behavior, even their everyday habits.